Users have complained that they have faced a lot of problem in updating of Windows 10. One of the most frequently happened issue is windows update error 0x8024a105. It starts because of incorrect configured system files present in your Windows. These issues might probably occur because of an unfinished downloading, an unfinished process of un installation, wrong way to remove apps or hardware, some virus attack or incorrect shutdown.
Following are some methods through which users can solve windows update error 0x8024a105 error:
Method 1: Start Troubleshooter
To resolve windows update error 0x8024a105 can be done by running the Windows Update Troubleshooter. It is the simplest way that can be implemented to solve Windows Update Error code (0x8024a105).By following below instructions you can learn how to do it.
- As first step go to Start Menu.
- Now write “Troubleshoot” in the search bar and tap Enter.
- The above step will open the Troubleshoot Window.
- Here press on Windows Update to extract the option.
- After the completion of above steps press on the option ofRun Troubleshooter.
- You would be able to see that the process of scanning will start, and the error will be found.
- Then just go for the steps that are present given on the screen to solve the issue.
- Users can also update their Windows 10 and see in case the issue has ended yet or not.
Method 2: Remove and Resetting Software Distribution Folder
Removing and Resetting the Software Distribution Folder can fix windows update error 0x8024a105. It is a Windows Update Component. We recommend you to reset it. Users can do it by following below instructions:
- Tap Windows Key+X & from the menu select Command Prompt (Admin).
- Here in the Command Prompt,write the below instructions one after another and tap Enter.
- net stop bits
- net stop wuauserv
- net stop appidsvc
- net stop cryptsvc
- After the completion of above steps go to the following folder C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Downloadand erase all the content.
- Then you can go back to the Command Prompt and write the following instructions by entering:
- net start bits
- net start wuauserv
- net start appidsvc
- net start cryptsvc
- As last step reboot your PC.
Method 3: Resetting Catroot2 Folder
In case the Error Code 0x8024a105 is still there just reset the catroot2 folder. You can do it by the below steps:
- At first, press Windows Key+X & select Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
- Here in the Command Prompt write the below instructions and tap Enter.
- net stop cryptsvc
- md %systemroot%\system32\catroot2.old
- xcopy %systemroot%\system32\catroot2 %systemroot%\system32\catroot2.old /s
- net start cryptsvc
- You would be able to see the instructions have been executed and erase files in Catroot2 Folder.
- At the end reboot your PC and try again to update your windows and check in case the problem is solved. If it does not, go for the nextprocedures.
Method 4: Search and Solve the Problematic Files Utilizing DISM Tool
Windows update error 0x8024a105can also be caused because of the existence of problematic files. It is recommended to run an inbuilt DISM tool to end this problem. You can do it by the following steps.
- Tap Windows Key+X at the same time.
- Then select Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu & open it.
- Now write the following instruction and tap Enter.
- DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
- After the completion of above steps the DISM tool will scan the error and solve the trouble.
- At the end reboot your PC and try to update your Windows.
Method 5: Customization of Windows Update Settings
To customize Windows Update Setting you can for the following steps:
- Here move the arrow to the right corner of your screen and open the Charm Bar.
- Now go for Settings.
- Tap on Update and Security option.
- After the completion of above steps you can go for Advanced Option and afterward, press to open it.
- Now see the box Give me updates for other Microsoft products when I update Windows.
- Now during the utilization of local network press on Delivery Optimization.
- Now toggle the option Allow downloads from other PCs to switchon.
- At the end update the issue and see in case the 0x8024a105 error code is ended.
Method 6: Go for Clean Boot
- Tap Windows Key+R button simultaneously to start the Run Window.
- Then write “msconfig” in the text field and tap OK.
- Now you can open System Configuration utility window.
- Here press on Services Tab.
- After the completion of above steps see the Hide all Microsoft Services check box and tap Disable all button &press OK.
Method 7: Resetting Windows Update Tool Agent
- Install the Reset Windows Update Agent from Microsoft.
- Here Right Click on it and choose Run as Administrator.
- You will see a message prompt will open.
- Here you would be able to see a message Do you want to continue the process? (Y/N).
- Now tap Y and click Enter.
- You will see that this will check all the windows problems.
- Now see in case the Windows 10 update error 0x8024a105 is fixed or not.
Method 8: Updating Drivers
Another reason of windows update error 0x8024a105 is old drivers. So users can go for the process of updating the drivers to fix this problem.
- At First, press Windows Key+ Xbutton simultaneously and chooseDevice Manager.
- Here select the old driver and Right Click on it.
- Now choose the option of Update driver software.
- In case driver is accessible to update then you will see that the wizard will install it via automatic processing. There is a possibility that it might not happen then it means that your driver is updated already.
We hope that with the help of this articles users might probably fix windows update error 0x8024a105 trouble and make their system work properly again.