One of the most often happening issues is the problematic side of OS that is the one we will talk about because Windows users face it a lot and it is known as service registration is missing or corrupt windows 7. Here the question arises what exactly is service registration is missing or corrupt windows 7? As we all know that updating Windows is the main part for any Windows Operating System as it maintains the safety and performance of the PC. We can say that the PC’s are set to “Update Automatically,” or they have diverse settings that users can deal on their own. At times when the system updates, it is unable to download the update because of some unknown cause. This is the place where the issue starts. Problems like “Service Registration is Missing or Corrupt” issues are from the very first day. The bad think about this issue is that users are supposed to resolve this problem on their own as Windows Troubleshooter can’t solve it.
By following the below procedures users can resolve this error:
Method 1: Run sfc/ ScanNow Command
In case the
problematic system files are the reason of “Service Registration is Missing or
Corrupt” issue, then you can utilize Command Prompt and run sfc/ scannow
command to solve this error.
Follow below steps to run sfc/scannow :
- As first step open Command Prompt as an administrator through accessing the Power User menu by clicking Windows + X keyat the same time.
- The time command prompt opens writesfc/scannow and tap Enter.
- Wait for some timeuntil the process finishes as it will take some time to end. At the end of this process you will see that all corrupted and problematic files have been identified and repaired.
Now you are free from the trouble “Service Registration is Missing or Corrupt” error. In case not just proceed to scroll below and go for other methods.
Method 2: Run Windows Updating Instructions
- As initial step open Command Prompt as an Administrator by following the same way as in Step-1 of the first solution.
- Now run the following instruction one by one and write the instructions one at a time then tap Enter. Wait till the end of this process.
- net stop wuauserv
- net stop cryptSvc
- net stop bits
- net stop msiserver
- ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
- ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 catroot2.old
- net start wuauserv
- net start cryptSvc
- net start bits
- net start msiserver
- Now you can reboot your PC.
Method 3: Starting Windows Update Related Services
In case the reason of trouble is the stopping of Windows Update Related Services, you can go andconfirm it that the Windows Update Related Services are running normally. You can follow the below steps to do it:
- Firstly tap Win + R simultaneously and you will see a run dialogue box will pop up.
- Write services.msc in the run box and press on Ok.
- After the completion of above steps find and Double-click on Windows Update service to open Windows UpdateProperties dialog window.
- Then change “Startup type” to Automatic and tap on Apply.
- Now if the Service status is stopped, tap on Start to start the service. Then press on Ok.
- In case the Service status is running, you can tap on Stop and then press on Start to restart the service. Now tap on Ok.
- Go for the above steps once again to start Background Intelligent Transfer Service.
- Go for the above steps again to restart Cryptographic Service.
- At the end install the Windows Update once more.
Mehtod 4: Disable Antivirus Software
Your antivirus program might probably be the reason of error. You can go for the below steps to fix it.
- Firstly turn off the anti-virus programon permanent basis.
- Now see in case the error is still there or has finished.
Note:You shouldn’t go for disabling the program but in case you want to then do it on your own chance as it isn’t recommended.
Now reboot the Anti-virus program in case you tried the process and your issue is resolved. In case it still there, just reboot the Anti-virus program.
Method 5: Disable Windows Firewall on Permanent basis
- Go to the Control Panel.
- Now find Windows Firewall andtap on it.
- After the completion of above steps go the left pane to turn the Windows Firewall on or off.
- Now turn the Windows Firewall off and press on Ok.
- You might have probably fix this issue
Note: It is not suggested you disable Windows Firewall but in case you want to go for it then try this at your own risk.
Method 6: Repairing Windows 10
- As first step install Windows 10 ISO on your PC. Users can easily find it on the official Microsoft webpage.
- Now double-Click on the installed file to open and mount it.
- After the completion of above steps open the ISO file after mounting it.
- Here you can run the setup.exe file.
- Then upgrade your Windows by following the steps that popped up on your screen.
- At the end reboot your PC after upgrading Windows.
Method 7: Editing Registry
This is one of the best solutions in the list here. Follow these steps to know how you can do it:
- Here tap Windows + R key, write regedit and tap Enter or press OK.
- You would be able to see to the left side and go to the below option HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsSelfHost\Applicability
- At the end in the right pane, locate the ThresholdOptedIn value and erase it.
Method 8: Making a Local Account
You can make a local account by following below steps:
- As first step open an administrator account. Write Settings in the start menu dialogue box and tap on the option ofAccounts.
- Then tap “Family and other users” options at the left side of the window.
- Now once inside choose the menu, pick“Add someone else to this PC”.
- Windows will help you how to make a new account. The time new window comes tap “I don’t have this person’s sign-in information”.
- Choose the option of “Add a user without Microsoft”. You will see that windows will now ask you to create a new Microsoft account and a window will appear.
- Then enter all the details and select an easy password so you can recall it easily.
- Navigate to Settings > Accounts > Your Account.
- After the completion of above steps now the space beneath your account picture, you will see an option says “Signin with local account instead”.
- You can enter your present password when the prompt comes and tap on Next.
- Enter username and password for your local account and press on “Sign out and finish”.
- Now you would be able to switch to a new local account, and move all your personal files to it without any issues.
- Here navigate to Settings > Accounts > Your Account and choose the option “Sign in with a Microsoft Account instead”.
- You can now enter your username, password and tap Sign in.
- See in case the issue has ended and Windows Update is workable on this account. If it is then you can remove the older account and utilize this new one.
Method 9: Issues with Wireless Connectivity
Microsoft has officially confessed that there is a slow WiFierror in their latest products. There are users whocomplained that the web-pages didn’t load and the browsing was way too slow. In case you are facing these issues, it means to say that your connectivity is the reason of this error.
By making some changes in Registry values as explained by Microsoft users can resolvethis problemand see in case your issue has resolved yet or not. Keep in mind that Windows Registry Editor is a device that needs extra care it is about to go for some operations or make changes. Follow the below steps and you will get to know how can you solve it.
- As first step tap Windows + R to launch the Run app. Write “regedit” in the dialogue box and click Enter. You will see that it will launch the Registry Editor.
- Then navigate to the following file path utilizing the left navigation pane:
- Here locate the item labelled as “TXAMSDU” at the right side of the screen. Double-click it to save changes in its value from “1” to “0”.
- Then click ok to save changes and end. Now you can reboot your PC so all the changes can complete. Then check if the problem is still there or has ended.
Method 10: Reset Windows Update Utilizing a Batch File
- As first step install the batch file and save it at some place where you can easily locate it afterwards.
- Now right-click it and choose “Run as administrator”.
- You can reboot your system and check in case the issue has gone or not.
Method 11: Reset Windows Update Utilizing Reset Tool
Now we will focus on how we can reset your Windows Update using different methods. One of these methods includes using the Reset Tool for Windows Update. This exe file must be run as administrator. It has a script which checks certain factors of your Windows Update and configures them accordingly.
- As first step install the Reset Tool and save it at some place where you can find it in need. You will see that he file will be in zip format.
- Now access the file and unzip it to an accessible location.
- After the completion of above steps and unzipped the contents, run the “cmd” file by right-clicking it and choosingRun as administrator.
- You can now reboot your PC for the changes to be done properly. Now see in case the issue has resolved or still there.
Service registration is missing or corrupt windows 7 or other Windows is a major issue that users often face. We hope that by the given methods in this article, users can solve this problem.