Sometimes, something went wrong with the driver of your PC but you face the trouble of your second monitor is not detected on Windows 10, although you can see that the monitor of your system is working alright and output of video is also perfectly fine. There is no need to be worried about it as we have the solution of your problem.
At times it happens that the driver of your video is old or has some trouble with it and you see that your Windows are unable to extract your desktop to the other display. Sometimes rollback the driver can resolve your issue but in case it doesn’t then probably updating driver will be another solution to do it. In case first two mentioned methods could not solve your issue then there are other two solutions for you to apply.
Method 1: Rolling Back to a Previously Downloaded Video Driver
Users can roll back towards previously downloaded video driver in case newest drivers are unable to work normally on their Windows. You can do it by following the below steps:
In the first step tap the Windows logo key and R together to invoke the Run box on your keyboard.
Then write devmgmt.msc and click Enter.
- In the section of Display adapters, right-click on your display device software, and then choose Properties.
- Now choose the Driver tab and tap Roll Back Driver and just do with the further steps.
Note: In case the Roll Back Driver option dims, then users should go towards manufacturer’s webpage to install a previous video driver for their video card. They can also download it on their Windows, or can go for the next solution.
Method 2: Updating Video Driver
In case first solution doesn’t work for you and it’s unable to find second monitor then the reason might be incorrect driver.
To get the right driver for your video card, here we have two processes manual or automatic process.
Update Driver on your own: Users can go to the manufacturer’s webpage and get their video card updated on their own. In case you go for it then it is necessary to find newest and well-suited driver for your Windows.
Automatic way of Updating Driver:Sometimes users don’t have much time, stamina and skills to download driver on their own, then they can do it with the help of Driver Easy via automatic processing. It will find your PC and by automatic processing install right driver for your video card and according to the capacity of your Windows.
- Go and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and tap the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will scan your PC and find problematic drivers.
- After the completion of above steps just tap the Update button next to the flagged video driver to install the right version of that driver by automatic processing. Users can also do this with the FREE version.
You can also press Update All to install the suited version of all those drivers that are misplaced or old on your system. It needs the Pro version which will come with full support and a 30-day money back guarantee. You’ll be convinced to upgrade after pressing Update All.
- As the last step reboot your PC and check to in case your Windows is now able to find your second monitor.
Method 3: Confirm that your Monitor Refresh Rates are Set to Same:
Refresh rate is the number of times within a second that your screen refreshes the pictures present on your monitor or screen. Sometimes when dual screens are interlinked to Windows 10 at the same time, the rate of refreshing it is very important. There are also graphics card that don’t help various refresh rate together. User second monitor will not probably detect in case the refresh rates of your two monitors are different.
Users can do it by following below steps:
- As the first step users will hold down the Windows logo key on their system’s keyboard and then the click I key.
- Now Tap System on the pop-up Settings Window.
Now press Advanced display settings under the Display section.
- After performing above steps Press on Display adapter properties for Display 1, and tap Display adapter properties for Display 2.
- Now go and Check to see what is rate of monitor refresh of both monitors under the Monitor sections.
Users can also change them to same in case the refresh rate varies. Now save change by Apply > OK, and check to see in case your second monitor has recognized or not.
In case this solution doesn’t resolve your problem then go towards the last solution.
Method 4: Alteration of Project Mode
Sometimes your second monitor can’t be detected might due to the wrong-set project mode. Quickly and easily change your project mode by these two steps:
- In the first step of our last method just hold down the Windows logo key on your keyboardand tap the P key.
- Now choose Duplicate in case you want to see the same screen on your two monitors. After doing that choose Extract to earn more workplace.
Users often face this issue as it is caused when something gets wrong with your PC’s driver. It is important to fix it. Hopefully above recommended methods will solve your problem of Second Monitor not Detected.