Many users are complaining against blue screen errors especially those who are currently using Windows 7. The reason behind this trouble is ntoskrnl.exe. There is no need to be anxious, as in this article we have some methods to solve your problem.
The kernel of the operating system is Ntoskrnl.exe. Windows can’t perform their duties without them. Issues like that can cause your PC blue screen errors and many other troubling issues.
Following are the methods through which users can fix their trouble of ntoskrnl.exe:
Method 1: Updating Device Drivers
Wrong and unsuited drives are one of the significant reasons for your trouble. Keep this thing in your mind that whenever you face this blue screen trouble then there is an urgent need to update old drivers. You can do it by the below given ways:
Updating Drivers on your Own:
By consulting the manufacturer’s webpage, users can find compatible drivers for their system and start the process of installation on their behalf. Just keep it in your mind that you have to find out the latest drivers for your system.
Updating of Drivers via Automatic Processing:
Users can install drivers via automatic processing with the help of windows driver updater. Sometimes users don’t have much expertise in the field of computers and they are unable to install drivers manually, in this situation they can apply this method. Driver updater will find right drivers for your Windows and install them without causing any harm.
- As first step users will Downloadany kind of windows driver updater.
- Run windows driver updaterand tap the Scan Now button. Driver Updater will scan your PC and find all problematic drivers.
- Next to all flagged devicesTapthe Update button to install the right version of drivers through automatic process. It can also be done with the FREE version.
You can also Tap Update All to automatically install the right version of misplaced and old drivers. As it needs the Pro version which will come with full support and 30-day money back guarantee. You will upgrade when you press Update All.
Method 2: Settings of Reset Overclocking
Overclocking drivers is another cause of the trouble. In case you have compatible software to alter the overclock in BIOS, so you should probably utilize it but if you do not have it then just follow the below steps, to remove the CMOS from inside the BIOS menu and reset your BIOS settings back to their factory default mode.
Note: These below steps are for Windows 7 only, as it will vary from Windows to Windows.
- As the initial step click and hold the power button for a few seconds until your system totally shuts down.
- Then Switch on the system. After doing that the time you see first logo pops up on screen then tap F1, F2, F10, ESC or Remove for desktops to enter the BIOS.
NOTE: At times users have to tap the combinations like CTRL+ ALT+ ESC or CTRL+ALT+DEL in case they are utilizing old system. These keys vary from system to system, according to the model and version. Users have to select the right key to click on the screen whenever some instructions pop up.
After the completion of the above steps, users can utilize the arrow key to End and move down to Load Setup Defaults. Here it is the possibility that your PC varies, but you should be capable to see the option Load Setup Default.
- Now tap the Enter key and you would be able to see notification like this. Then utilize the arrow key to pick Yes and then click Enter once more.
- Then Exit Saving Changes should be highlighted just tap and click Enter again to save configuration change.
- Now you would be able to see your system starts rebooting.
As we have explained above that all instruction can vary according to the version and model of your system, so if you are unable to understand the instruction you should just go to the official webpage of the manufacturer for guidance.
Method 3: Perform a Memtest
Ntoskrnl.exe BSOD can
also be caused by a corrupt driver that associates it with the memory.You
should probably check the safety and compatibility of your system’s memory so
you would be able to know which driver is conflicting.
Note:In case of over-clocking shut them down before you are about to check the safety. Now you have to restart your PC to start the test. The time you start the test, you are unable to utilize your PC.
- Tap the Start button on your keyboard, and write Windows Memory Diagnostic and click Enter.
- Now press Restart now and check for the issues as it is suggested by experts. You should also be confident about saving your work first, as your PC will reboot without delay.
Now your PC will reboot and the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool screen will pop up.
- ALL this process will take some time to end. You would also be able to check the analysis after logging in.
Sometimes ntoskrnl.exe causes error and your Windows stop responding which is a big issue in case you don’t know how to solve it. From the above methods you can fix your problem easily.