With the help of newer updates to iMessage on pc, there are many users of iPhone and other iDevices who need to gain access to iMessage on pc for their personal use as well as for their workplace PCs, so while chatting with friends and family proceeds on all kinds of applications at home and work. Many users of folks have Apple PCs so managing iMessage on pc is simple. There are some people who still utilize Windows PCs at home or at their workplace. The question that is in our consideration is that how users can receive iMessage on all their machines (iMessage on pc).
Some users think that Apple has some online browser-based service for iMessage on pc, so it is not difficult to check where we are. But the sad thing is that there is no service for receiving iMessages on pc online! People with traditional minds think that Apple keeps its services restricted to its own iDevices and Mac PCs. That further restricts billions of users to gain access to iMessage for Windows while we are at our work or utilizing our home Windows computer.
By following below instructions it would be simple to stay in touch with the people that are important for you across your iPad, iPhone, Mac, iPod touch and your personal Windows PC.
Things That Are Needed:
Users are supposed to have Mac / Windows in their possession somewhere whether workplace, home or at school.
A Quick Word for Users of Mac Personal Computer
Apple introduced iMessage as a stock app in Mountain Lion (10.8.) in 2012. Via that Operating System, your Mac’s Messages application will allow you to choose conversations from your PC, where you left on your iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. Messages for Mac are out of cost and are workable for all those who have iMessage activated on their OS X, iOS and macOS devices.
Getting iMessage on PC / Mac Computer
As the first step just check whether the app is on your machine. Then look for “Messages” in Spotlight Search or through your folder of Applications. If you do not have Messages downloaded, verify that you are running Operating System Mountain Lion (10.8) or higher. In case you don’t then just install the newest OS that your Mac computer permits.
In case your OS has updated and you are still unable to have Messages, then just go for the Mac App Store and install the Messages app.
The time you see that Messages are on your PC, start the app and sign in with your Apple ID and password. Messages might probably work if you have your Apple ID and password, so it is compulsory to have an account so you can utilize iMessage on any device like iDevices, iPhones, and computers.
The time you sign in with your Apple ID and password you will see that messages will install and syncs via automatic processing and all old conversations used with that Apple ID. The best thing is that users can easily just start from where they left and that new conversation syncs with all your iDevices and computers interlinked with that exact Apple ID.
Users can send SMS texts with their Mac while utilizing the feature named Continuity!
The time you see that Messages are set-up, you’re free to send text texts, pictures, voice messages and videos on the internet.
In case of More than one Apple IDs and iMessage
Users cannot log into more than one account at the same time. Users can also utilize multiple Apple IDs with Messages and iMessage, but for this purpose, they are supposed to switch between those Apple IDs and passwords on their own the time they need to use some dissimilar Apple ID.
Ways to Access iMessage For Windows PC
– Accessing iMessage via Remote Access to Mac
Users can receive iMessage on their PC while using Chrome’s great Remote Desktop feature. For this purpose, you should have a Mac computer. Chrome Remote Desktop gives access to iMessages by interconnecting your Windows PC to your Mac computer remotely.
One of its drawbacks is that users are only capable to access iMessages the time Mac computer is turned on and interconnected through the internet. And you want your Apple ID.
With the help of Chrome Remote Desktop, all connections are safe. Because of Chrome browser, it is very easy and safe now to gain access to other PCs or permit other users to gain access to your computer.
1. Utilizing Chrome Remote Desktop
- As the first step sign into Google in Chrome Browser or make a new Google account
- Then install the Chrome Remote Desktop App via the Chrome App Store. Here users are supposed to use CHROME as the browser.
- Now choose Add App to Chrome.
- In case you are setting up for the first time, you will see a message requesting authorization. Just press Continue if you see this message.
- After the completion of the above steps, Chrome Remote Desktop App pops up in your chrome://apps list.
- Press on the App option.
- Now in the pop-up, under My Computers click Get Started.
- Here pick Enable remote connections.
- Just go for the on-screen steps to install Chrome’s remote host installer.
- Then in the Download Chrome Remote Desktop Host Installer, select to Accept and Install.
- Here save the chrome remote desktop file to your desktop, downloads folder, or where you want it to be.
- The time you see that the file installs, open it.
- Then double-Click the Chrome Remote Desktop Host package.
- Go for the steps that are on-screen to install.
- Just enter your admin password when needed.
- After the completion of the above steps, you have now installed. Just open the Chrome Remote Desktop App once again.
- Press Enable remote connections.
- Make a new PIN of at least 6 digits.
- You might probably want this PIN to interconnect from another PC.
- Pick something you would be able to remember or write it somewhere and keep it safe.
- Then enter your Mac’s admin password in case they ask.
- In case you are successful, a message shows up telling you that remote connection is enabled.
- While gaining access to your Mac remotely, confirm it that it’s ON, interconnected to the internet, and not set to sleep.
2. Utilization of Chrome Remote Desktop on another Computer
- As initial step you can gain access to your Mac on another computer by opening Chrome and sign in utilizing the same Google ID you used to set-up Chrome Remote Desktop.
- Then open the Chrome Remote Desktop App or type chrome://apps in the search bar to locate the application.
- Now look for your Mac under My Computers.
- Here double-Click to make a connection.
- In case you see Get Started, tap this first then double-click the remote computer’s name.
- After the completion of the above steps write in your PIN and click Connect.
- Now you will see that your Mac’s Desktop once a connection establishes.
- Here maximize your window to full-screen so you would be able to see your Mac’s Desktop.
- Then check your iMessages, press the Message App in your Mac’s Dock or tap Launchpad to find the Messages App.
- You will see that your iMessages should show up on screen in Chrome.
- While pressing the Stop Sharing button located at the bottom of your shared screen users can end their connection to their Mac.
- In case by mistake, you do it select Reconnect (enter your PIN again).
Deleting Chrome Remote Desktop from Mac
- Delete the Chrome Remote Desktop Host app.
- In your Mac’s Application folder, go for the Chrome Remote Desktop Host Uninstaller app.
- Now launch the uninstaller and tap Uninstall.
- Then enter your Mac’s admin password, in case they ask.
- In case you are successful, a message will pop up to confirm the process of uninstallation.
- Here erase the Chrome Remote Desktop app from your Google account.
- Open Chrome on Mac.
- Then find your Chrome Remote Desktop application or write chrome://apps in the search bar.
- Now Control-click (or right-click) the application and pick Remove from Chrome.
- As last step press Remove in the dialog
Keep in mind that you need access to a Mac PC when you are trying this process. And that Mac must be turned ON and interconnected to the internet. In other cases, this procedure will not work.
Chrome Remote Desktop provides guidance to Mac, Windows, and Linux users and gains access to your Windows (XP+) and Mac (OS X 10.6+) desktops with the help of Chrome browser.
Gaining access to iMessage to Jailbreaking
Till now the only method to gain access to iMessage on a browser is to jailbreak your iPhone. Jailbreaking is replacing the actual iOS with a latest operating system that is more user-friendly.
Users can change the way their iDevice looks and select tweaks, applications and add-ons that aren’t accessible in the official App Store of Apple. It also gives you the kinds of customization Android users are allowed to use. One of them is to utilize iMessages from anywhere on the internet. Users can also restore their iPhone to factory settings later.
Experts don’t suggest jailbreak iPhones or other iDevices. Jailbreaking lessens your warranty and any additionally purchased AppleCare+.via automatic processing.
There is also the risk of “bricking” your iDevice, facing issues apart from security issues and virus.
Jailbreaking your iPhone is for ifolks who are comfortable in working and troubleshooting their iPhones and other iDevices.
Jailbreaking iPhone on another iDevice
Let yourself confirm that you have backup your present iDevice in at least 2 locations. First one is cloud-based and the other is local.
After backups, the best thing is to restore your iDevice utilizing iTunes.
Then install the jailbreak software in your PC, Windows or Mac. Now run the software and follow the instructions to move via the jailbreak procedure.
The time you see that jailbreak OS is downloaded look for an icon named Cydia. In case it’s not there, download it. It is your jailbroken application store.
Now need to buy an App called Remote Messages. With this application, iMessage on Pc is accessible online for all kinds of devices and PCs like Windows.
You just need to give authentication credentials and utilize your iPhone’s IP address on the browser followed by 333. Then you would be able to log in to have complete access to iMessages.
iMessage for Android Users
People who are utilizing Android phones, there are some options for them like applications like Android, iMessage, and others that are accessible via Google Play Store. Utilization of these apps permits users to iMessage between iPhones, other iDevices, Mac computers, and your Android phones.
Users are hopeful that someday in the near future Apple will introduce the cross-platform version of iMessage that would be suitable for all kinds of applications and operating systems. Online service for messages is good for the sake of convenience so that people can gain access to iMessages on pc and conversations whenever they want, from any place like work.
As we didn’t achieve something like that till yet so we have to utilize Chrome Remote Desktop for the same purpose.
There are a lot of non-Apple message applications that already cross all platforms and assist Viber, PCs, Kik, Whatsapp, Facebook Messenger, Skype, Telegram, and some of the well-known iMessage substitutes.
Facebook Messenger and Telegram are already working on anything with the help of the web browser and people love it because of that reason.
iMessage on pc, its better utilization and features can be learned with the help of the above article. We hope that users would be able to solve their queries after reading it.