Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) is a major problem for users who use Windows 10. When a BSOD falls, your computer shows a blue background on the screen with some text on it. It can happen out of nowhere or on a daily basis you can face this issue. In case you are worried by this issue, you can try the ways as follow. They can help your Windows 10 computer to fix blue screen error and get you out of the irritating BSOD troubles.
Note: Users should keep in mind those methods 1 to 3 given below can only be performed when you can enter your operating system. In case you are unable to enter your operating system you should try the methods 4 to 8. If you want to try methods 4 to 8, you should have access to Windows 10 installation media, like a DVD or USB drive with Windows 10 installation pack in it. Users can also make one on their own in case they don’t have any.
Following are the steps through which you can fix blue screen error in Windows 10:
1 Run Check Disk
2 Installation of Updates
3 Update Drivers
4 Run Startup Repair
5 Restore your System
6 Run Memory Diagnostic
7 Resolve MBR
8 Reinstallation of your Computer
Method 1: Run Check Disk
The BSOD problem that users face causes from issues on the system of your hard drive. You can run the disk checking tool built-in Windows 10 with Command Prompt to resolve the issues.
- In first step Tap on Start menu, and write “cmd“. Right-click on CMD in the result and choose Run as administrator.
- After that press on Yes when you are prompted and then Command Prompt will open.
- Write “chkdsk c: /f” and tap Enter. (This means the system will run a disk check on C drive and resolve issues. “C” here stands for C drive, which is the system drive for many people. In case your system drive is not C drive or you also want to check other drives, you can change this letter accordingly.)
- In case your system asks if you want to schedule this check to next time the system proceeds, write “Y” and press Enter.
- In the last step Restart your PC to complete the check.
Method 2: Installation of Updates
The cause of blue screen error in Windows 10 is caused by the drawback present in it. You can resolve these problems by installing updates of Windows 10 given by Microsoft.
- Tap on Start menu and after that on Control Panel.
- Then you will Scroll down and choose Windows Update.
- After the completion the above steps Tap on Check for updates.
- In the last step if there is any update available, tap on Install Updates.
Method 3: Update Drivers
Programs that operate the devices on your system are called device drivers that are required for it. Troublesome drivers are alsocaused bymany PC issues, including the error of blue screen in Window 7. Once you start having these problems, it is important for you to update drivers on your PC.
If you want to update drivers, we recommendyou to use Driver Easy. It is a professional driver tool designed for those who are new in the field of computers. With Driver Easy, you can easily update your drivers without worrying about making blunders. It can also help users togain access to the latest and reliable drivers that are appropriate for their PC.
Except that you can update your drivers with either Free or Pro version of Driver Easy. But the Pro version will help you update multiple drivers automatically within TWO clicks.
- In first step install Driver Easy.
- Run the program and press Scan Now After that outdated drivers will be found in a few seconds.
- Then press on Update button next to each device, and Driver Easy will install the driver for you. You can also enter Update All at the bottom right to update all the device drivers (this requires Pro version).
Method 4: Run Startup Repair
At times BSOD related issues can be solved by starting Startup Repair. If you want to do this you just need to utilize Windows 10 installation media you made before.
- Put the Windows installation media into your system. Reset your PC from it.
- Choose the language and region choose Repair your computer.
- After that choose Startup Repair.
- Your PC will scan your system and will solve any kind of issues.
Method 5: Restore your System
Blue screen errors in your system of window 7 are sometimes caused by corrupted files or configurations. (You can reinstate your operating system to a backup you made.)
- Redo the steps a and b in method 4 above.
- Then Choose System Restore.
- Now you can follow the on-screen instruction to complete the restore process.
Method 6: Run Memory Diagnostic
RAM (Random-access memory) of you system is also the hardware that can cause Blue Screen of Death. For the sake of identification issues on your RAM, you can run Windows Memory Diagnostic.
- In the first step you can Redo the steps a and b in method 4.
- Then tap on Windows Memory Diagnostic.
- Now Reboot and check for troubles.
- You can see your system will restart and Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool will be working normally.
- In the last step your PC will reboot again and you can see your BSOD trouble is sorted out now.
Method 7: Fix MBR
The information on your hard disk that recognizes your operating system is called MBR (Master Boot Record). It is important for the system to boot normally. In case this information corrupts and cause major issues like Blue Screen of Death. You can resolve MBR by following the belowsteps.
- In the start Redo the steps a and b in method 4.
- Then you will Choose Command Prompt.
- After completing above steps In Command Prompt, write the following command lines and press Enter after each.
- Now Exit Command Prompt and reboot yourPC. In case your BSOD is caused by sometroubling MBR, the error should be ended.
Method 8: Reinstallation of your Computer
In case if any of the above methods don’t work, you can try this last option that always works,re-installation of your operating system.
- You will take a step in method 4.
- Click Install Now and follow the on-screen steps to re-install Windows 10 on your PC.
Conclusion: It would be irritating if suddenly, out of nowhere your system starts causing unnecessary inconvenienceincluding major or minor issues.Window 7 blue screen errors are caused by trouble in hardware or software but it can be fixed by following the mentioned processes. You can try any of the above procedure to solve it.