As all computer users know that mistakes and inaccuracies are part of IT world, while you are browsing you will face a number of issues that will try to cause trouble during the whole processing of your system and in your work. These problems can be associated with the server (which is not in your hand); browsers or these can be caused due to some alterations inside the setting of your system.
When you know how to solve deep-down errors it can lead you towards a long-term solution. The SPDY is Chrome’s protocol was created for the safety of the web pages. They also increase the loading speed of the websites. All of a sudden users are now facing ” this webpage is not available err_spdy_protocol_error ” and it happens because Google has stopped its support to the SPDY protocol.
What causes ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR?
It is important to know that Chrome SPDY protocol error links with the HTTP permitted websites. Following are a few reasons which can be the cause of such problems. Some of them are:
- Outmoded Google Chrome Browser
- Obstruction in Antivirus
- Firewall Obstruction
The err_spdy_protocol_error is not affected by the use of VPN Virtual Private Network). It pops up on your screen and will cause harm to the working speed and effectiveness in case you are using VPN or not.
Following are some methods through which you can fix ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR:
Method 1: Flush Socket
The first way through which help you to resolve ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR is to select flushing socket in Google Chrome and to follow the below steps:
- You need to open your Google Chrome browser and submit the given URL in the address box.
“chrome://net-internals/#sockets” and click Enter. You would be able to see a screen like the one below.
- Now press on the Arrow that is at the top right corner of the screen. From the drop-down list press on “Flush Sockets.”
- After that you can return to the web page you were trying to load. If it’s working correctly, then the err_spdy_protocol_error is resolved.
- If your err_spdy_protocol_error does not solve yet, then enter the given URL in the address box.
- Firstly, Click on Sockets and then Press on “Flush Socket Pools” and revisit the website to check if it is working properly.
Method 2: Flush DNS Cache from System
To end the problem of – this web page is not available err_spdy_protocol_error you can try this method of flushing the DNS cache from your PC’s and laptops.
- In case you are working on a Windows PC, you can open the Command Prompt, but in the case of Linux OS, open Terminal.
- After that, you will write the following command in the Command Prompt window or Terminal.
- Enter the given commands and click Enter after every command.
- For those who are operating it on Windows
1). Ipconfig/ Flush DNS
2). Ipconfig/ Renew
For Linux Users:
Use nscd -I hostscommand in Command Prompt.
For Mac Users:
Use dscacheuti –flushcache; sudo killal –HUPmDNSResponder
- These instructions above will help you to flush the DNS cache. After that you can try visiting the website that is showing the err_spdy_protocol_error chrome error code.
After renewing your IP address, you can get solve err_spdy_protocol_error , after completing this step you will have to finish Internet Configuration.
Method 3: Clear Cookies and Cache from the System
Sometimes the ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR is caused by some security issues, and you can resolve it by trying this way of removing all cache and cookies from the system. It is the easiest way which helps you to end the err_spdy_protocol_error forever. Follow the given steps to solve it:
- You can go to the Settings of your browser and press on the History tab.
- After that, you will press on the Clear browsing Data option.
- A pop-up box will be displayed on the screen. Check the check boxes for the two options- “Cached Images and Files,” “Cookies and Other site and plug-in data.”
- After following above steps you should be sure that the other checkboxes are not chosen.
- Set “Obliterate the following items” option to “the beginning of time.”
- At the last step press on Clear browsing data option.
Method 4: Update your Google Chrome Browser
Another reason that this web page is not there or err_spdy_protocol_error is that you might probably be using the old and outdated version of Google Chrome. We explained before that Google now doesn’t support the SPDY protocol and so this error might come due to the existence of the SPDY protocol in the Google Chrome version that you are currently utilizing. It is recommended that if you want to get required results then you should download the updated version of the browser. You can get this latest version of the browser on the given link:
Method 5: Use the Incognito Mode of Chrome
Another easy way that you can try is opening the website in incognito mode. This method will end within seconds. For those who don’t know how to use the incognito mode of Google Chrome, follow the given instruction.
- Google Chrome> Menu> New Incognito Window.
Anyone can also open any website in the incognito mode using this shortcut key.
- Ctrl+ Shift+ N
Method 6: Check Firewall and Antivirus Setting
Err_spdy_protocol_error happens by obstruction of firewall and Antivirus installed on your system. It is suggested that you should check it first that whether the firewall is the reason of obstruction or not. Users who have Avast SecuritySoftware face this issue with particular websites. You can solve the matter after adding the sites blocked by the err_spdy_protocol_error to the Web Shield ejection of the antivirus software.
- Move towards to the Settings option in the Avast Security software of your PC.
- After doing that, in the active protection tab press on Customize Web Shield Protection.
- You can now include the required websites to this portion separately.
In the condition of having Avast or any other antivirus security software, you can try the following step. When you are adding the sites you should know the whereabouts of URL’s, whether they are correct or not. If the issue does not end, you can also try solving the problem by disabling the HTTPS Scanning process after opening Avast Web Shield. Press on Main Setting and press on the checkbox beside Enable HTTPS Scanning.
Method 7: Chrome Cleanup Tool
Chrome Cleanup tool also cleans the error that causes this issue and solves it. Download the Chrome cleanup utility from the given link below and then run it. After the completion of the above instructions, you can now check the blocked websites.
All these steps above are proven and will help you out of the err_spdy_protocol_error. Also if any of the above methods don’t help, then you can uninstall and then reinstall the web browser. The err_spdy_protocol_error is not very complex to get solve with these methods. Also not any of the methods mentioned above will take a lot of time. So be patient as by just refresh the web page also you can overcome the defect for some time.