There is Windows feasibility named Device Manager, where users can handle the drivers. Users can also get information about updated drivers, driver’s status and drivers that have been removed. It is very important for users to know how to open Device Manager in their system.
There are a lot of reasons which users might want to open the device manager in different versions of Windows operating system but mostly it due to troubleshooting different type of computer’s hardware related problems. It’s the little bit tough to find if you don’t have the idea where exactly it is. Below are Two methods which help to open Device Manager easily.
Method # 1: Open Device Manager Via Control Panel
- You need to go your Control Panel option and click on it. If you’re using Windows 10 or Windows 8 then you will see the Device Manager option there.
In Windows 10 and Windows 8, You can use a Short key. You press Windows Key and X together then on the left side you will see a window where you can find Device Manager option easily. See the picture below.
- If you’re using Windows 7 then in Control Panel Window, you will see Hardware and Sound option click on it Then you will see Device Manager option under Devices and Printers heading.
- Windows Vista users will click on System and Maintenance, where you able to see the Device Manager option.
- Windows XP users open the Control Panel where they will click on Performance and Maintenance option and find the device Manager there.
Method # 2: Open Device Manager Using Command
There are many ways to open it but they depend on the model and versions of windows that are present in your system. Here, we’ll explain you the easiest way to make device manager work for you. This method can apply to all versions of Windows.
By following below steps you can open Device Manager in your Windows operating system:
- As the initial step, on your keyboard, you can open run box by clicking the Windows logo key and R together.
- Then write devmgmt.msc and tap OK.
- Now you will open Device Manager and take it to Windows 10 as an example of the understanding.
- Now in Device Manager, you would be able to see problematic drivers and see a yellow mark next to it.
Solution of Driver issue:
Users might not probably be using it in the right way if they can see a yellow sign on the device. Updating drivers can fix your driver issue. There are two ways to update drivers. First one is automatic and second one Manually. Both ways work but in case you don’t have much time and energy. Then you should do it via automatic processing to use different driver updater.
It will find right drivers through the automatic process for your system and you should not be worried about anything. Like the worry of installation, finding proper drivers for your system.
Hope above two methods will help you to open Device Manager easily. You can also fix driver issue to update the driver manually or use the driver updater. Driver updater automatically updates your drivers and you will not face the similar issue again.