In this article, I am going to tell you that about the how to Windows continuous ping command and Ping Test on other Operating systems. Firstly, I want to tell you about the ping. Because some people know about the ping very well but at the same time some people have no much knowledge about the ping test. So, come to know the answer to the “what is ping”.
What is Ping?
In the computer networking, ping is a particular process to transferring messages from one PC to another PC during troubleshooting internet protocol networking connection. Ping Test discovers that whether your clients can interact with other devices while using the internet or any networking. In this case, where communication network creates strongly then ping will check the connection latency rate between two devices.
Ping test is not same as compare to the test of internet speed. Because it tells how much fast internet against the special website. The Ping determines that how much take a time to open special website.
Ping Test Working:
Ping uses ICMP its stand for internet control message protocol. ICMP create request and handle responses to that request. When ICMP send a message to any devices over a remote one then receiver devices receive the message from ICMP and replies according to the request.
“The compute time between two devices sending and receiving a request and also give the reply is called ping time”.
Why Do We Use The Ping Command in CMD:
After having little bit knowledge about the ping test and ping time. Now we will discuss how to continuous ping? May you have a question in your mind, why we test the ping or continuous ping. Now I am going to tell the answer to the question. Mostly users face networking problems during their working on the internet. Firstly, they like to check the physical connection to their internet.
If your PC is connected to physically but also face the internet problem. In this case, the ping command is very useful to handle the problems of the internet and also come to know the reason of the networking problems. Without using the ping command in the CMD, it is very difficult to come to know about the reason for the internet problems.
Advantages of Ping Command:
Ping command is used for checking the connection between the internet and PC.
It checks the connection between the router and the PC.
It also checks the response time of the receiver and sender devices, when they communicate.
Perform Ping Command in CMD Test:
Let’s start the procedure of continuous ping in windows. Here i like to discuss Windows 7 Ping Command. Complete procedures step by step given below.
On your Desktop, you will click on the start button of window 7 icon from the open start menu.
In the search bar type CMD. At that time CMD.exe will appear.
Then open the program the black window of Command Prompt will appear like below.
Then type in the ping command in CMD prompt. The command is ping –t 184.108.40.206 and then press.
In the case of Google Public DNS, this continuous ping will show the latency in seconds and milliseconds from the IP address.
Ping Test On Mac OS X:
- Open the program Terminal with the help of Opening Launch pad It is located in the Utilizes Folder.
- Then you will type ping 220.127.116.11 and press Enter key for the result.
- When we talking about Google Public DNS, this continuous ping will show the latency in seconds and milliseconds from the IP address like
Ping Test On Unix/Linux Shell:
In the UNIX you can write command in UNIX. By default. But in the Linux, you find the place in which you write the ping.
- Open the terminal application.
- Then you will type command of “ping yahoo .com”.
- Now you will see the outputs of this ping test.
Using Ping In Firewall and Switch:
- You cannot use the continuous ping in firewall and switch but we can use ping for a long time instead seconds or milliseconds.
- You need to write a ping command like “ping 18.104.22.168” and you will see the result of this ping Test.
Using ping Juniper Junos OS:
- You can use continuous ping by default.
- Now you will write a ping command like “ping 22.214.171.124”.
- You will see the result of this Ping Test.
- You can control the ping by using Ctrl +C.
In the end, you will be able to get knowledge about the ping and method of using the ping.