Every gamer knows the use of Xbox One, Xbox 360 and P4 Station because these are the electronic devices which help to make the time super fun. When you face different problems while playing the game then your mood become very frustrated. You can away from such problems to clear cache on Xbox one or Xbox 360 or Play Station 4 regularly which platform you like to use to play the game.
May a question raise in your mind ” Is it Necessary to Clear Cache? ” Then Answer is Yes.
Because of Cache stores game updates, Temporary files, system update installation packages and game pictures of your friends. Clearing your Xbox one cache or other devices cache help with any connection or game launching issues to clear. This is the first and easy step to resolve the problems and keep the things executing fluently. In this article, I will briefly explain how to clear cache on Xbox one and the rest of the devices.
1) Xbox One Clear Cache:
You may face a problem while playing the downloaded or disc-based game that when you start the game then the game cannot run successfully, it shows the home screen of the game again and again instead to the running the game successfully. This problem easily resolves to clear cache. You will not face this problem to play the game on Apps on the Xbox One.
Ohhh… You don’t worry about it. The process of Xbox one clear cache is quite easy and simple. The process is very easy. Let start this process step by step.
- Press and hold the power button of the Xbox one that is located on the front side of the console for 10 seconds to turns off Xbox one.
- Now you unplug the power wire from the back of the console but make sure indicator lights and console’s power brick are off.
- Wait few seconds or nearly half a minute.
- Plug the power cable back into Xbox One and turn it on.
- Restart your Xbox one. Your data and temporary files that are stored on the console remain intact to the console again. At the same time cache has been cleared on the console and resolved all problems.
The Procedure for Deleting Save Game on Xbox One:
Xbox one saves game data and profile of the player on the hard drive of the Xbox One. If you doubt that data has been broken, then you should delete the data.
Note: We can not undo Deleting saved game data because it is permanent. I strongly suggested that you back up your saved game data to a USB storage device or use online storage before starting this process.
- Firstly with Xbox Home, you will go to the Settings.
- Settings go to the system where you need to select Storage.
- From Storage, you will select Manage Storage which is located right side of the screen then select View Contents.
- Then you can highlight the game press Menu option then click Manage game.
- Select the saved data button that is located on the left side of the screen.
- Select the game to access the saved game data.
- When you select the Menu option you will select any file for deleting.
After completing the all above process Successfully, Now you will be able to play the game without any issue and double the power as well.
2) Xbox 360 Clear cache:
When the Xbox 360’s hard drive cache fills up then some Xbox 360 games like Halo 3, Elder Scrolls, Fallout 3 etc. don’t always play nice. To make the performance better like to clear the cache. Now you’re thinking How to clear the cache on Xbox 360? It’s very simple, just follow the given steps.
- Firstly go to Settings, and click System Settings.
- Choose Storage. As you can see in the picture.
- Just highlight the Storage option but you don’t select a storage device because of no matter which storage device you choose. This clears the cache for all storage devices. So, Now click Y on your controller for Device Options.
- On the Device Options window, select Clear System Cache.
- When indicated to confirm storage device maintenance, click on Yes option.
After successfully cleared the system cache, you will return to the Storage Devices screen where you can press the Guide button to return to Xbox Home.
Note: When you clear the Xbox 360 cache, Following things will not remove in this process.
- Your Gamertag
- Content that you’ve downloaded
- Game files
- Console software updates
Previously downloaded game updates will remove during the process of clearing the cache.
So, you need to download these updates again when next time you will play the game.
3) Play Station 4 Clear Cache:
It does not have Menu options like Xbox one for clearing cache. So, Follow the below steps.
- Press and hold the power button on the Play Station 4 controller and makes sure that the play station 4 is completely shut down.
- Wait for 30 seconds when it is completely shut down. At the same time, you will remove the wire from the back of the PS4.
- After waiting almost One Minute, you will join the wire again to the back of your play station 4.
- Then you will restart the play station.
- Press L1 + R1 while booting up the game.
4) Verify Integrity of Game Cache:
While playing the game, If you face an error stated as “Missing Executable” or experience crashes while playing a game. It’s mean you need to verify that your game files are installed correctly or not. Verifying the cache files of the game can help to make sure that the installation of a game is up-to-date. See the below steps to Verify Integrity of Game Cache:
- Load stream
- Form Library section > game>
- Then you will be select Local Files tab > verify the integrity of game cache.
- After some time the stream will verify the game.
- After completing the process, check window will automatically exit.
You can also check my post How to Connect Xbox One Controller to PC and if any question or suggestion you have in your mind regarding clearing the Cache then let me know in the comment box or Email us.